Sunday, December 23, 2007

Are you jokeing at me or Talk of a little girl


Mother, listen to me
Are you listening at me?

Hm, listening

Our class teacher told us
We are the peole
of a developing country
And depending on the charity
of developed countries

So, what?

Mother, why we are not
A developed county?
Are we not celeberating
The Independant Day Annually?

My social studies teacher taught
We are celeberating it for five decades
That means fifty years, am i correct?

Yes dear you are right.

Why the people of dependant country
celeberates Independant Day?
Is it also a custom
like new year celeberations?

Oh dear, my child
I am relieved and happy
that you are not get caught
in the clutches of school education
Or the media mania

Dear child you better ask this to you father
He is the Master of the world affairs
Consume news from paper to TV
From morning to midnight

I am in the kitchen and
Peeling the onions for 'saampaar'

Dear you are well aware
I am working in two offices
One with a pay
Other without and recognized not
As a work either

Its said my duty
Because i am a woman

Darling, could you bring me
A cup of tea, love flavoured honey
And think of extra classes
For our little sparrow
She becomes like grand mothers
and talking tall beyond her height

"to be or not to be..."

Are you jokeing at me?

No father, i am memorizing
The line of a classical play
For our Children's Festival
"to be or not to be..."

S.Jeyasankar

Painting of Kamala Vasuki